Wednesday 25 March 2009

A little luxury





We are at a rather lovely place on the Sarawak coast - found by Diana Cook, and William and Becky a few days ago (I am not sure how as its down a little lane and is unmarked except for a notice saying 'Private Property') but it is a small resort of about a dozen or so rooms around a lovely pool and a short step away from the beach. Iced water is brought to your side as you relax on the loungers and the food seems excellent on our first try. All this for about what you pay for a good B&B in the UK. I would tell you its name and location but I rather fear seeing it in a future travel supplement at the usual cost of several hundred dollars per night! Maybe not as Kuching I think is rather off the main tourist trail. We are having this little treat for two nights before returning to Kuching and the alternative attractions of the Fairview Guest House (of which more perhaps later).

Brian

1 comment:

brianlj said...

Wow! What a place! What pretty coloured loungers! I reckon it's a perfect relaxing spot. :)

By the way... Stephen Fry is currently at the opposite end of the island from you -- at Sandakan. I'd stay where youare for a while. ;)