Thursday 12 March 2009

International Womens Day

Last Sunday when we were traveling from Delhi to Bagdogra it was International Womens' day and the Indian papers were full of stuff about women and at the baggage check in every woman was given a single red rose, not the easiest thing to manage when boarding a plane, though a nice gesture.

We had arrived very early so that we could get a seat on the left hand side of the plane and have a chance to see the snowy tops of the Himalayas from the plane. Inevitably I needed the loo before we got on the plane, in my search I found two mens loo blocks and then finally the one block for womwn. Three loos, two with doors on and working and a line of about twenty women waiting patiently to go.

By the time I got out of there about half an hour later I was incandecent so I marched up to the customer service desk and told them what I though of their service to women. Oh I was cross.

Brian went to the Gents a while later and reported that one of the gents loos now had a hand written sign out side saying Ladies. Result!!

1 comment:

brianlj said...

You tell 'em, Tess! You don't get anything done unless you make a noise. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Etc, etc. :)